This event offers expert careers advice, guidance and support for medical students, foundation doctors and core medical trainees.
Free 6-month Royal College of Physicians (RCP) trial membership for medical students and foundation year doctors. Book to attend the RCP medical careers day for £10 and complete a membership form on the day.
Four great reasons to attend RCP Medical careers day
- the only day to feature a careers exhibition of all the medical specialties in one place
- access the careers exhibition and conference sessions from only £10.
Relevant and first-hand:
- a programme based purely on past delegate feedback
- front-line clinician speakers and sessions led by doctors currently going through your next career stage
- sessions on preparing for MRCP(UK) and the RCP exams department on hand to answer your questions.
Personal and accessible:
- build your own day according to your current career needs – a full day of specific sessions tailored to medical students, foundation doctors and core medical trainees
- one-to-one careers advice sessions and your chance to have your personal careers questions answered by an experienced doctor
- speakers available during breaks and networking drinks to answer your questions in an informal setting
- consultant and trainee representatives from each medical specialty on site, ready to offer advice, tips and guidance based on first-hand experience
- limited audience size to maximise interaction between delegates and speakers
- quick fire break time sessions on how to succeed in different specialties.
Make valuable contacts:
- network with speakers, specialty representatives and RCP leaders during an informal social event.
I liked that the optional talks were clearly split up for different target audiences: medical students and foundation doctors.
• find out more about RCP medical student membership and join today
• find out more about RCP foundation doctor membership and join today
• view a selection of images from previous Medical careers days
• register for the RCP Medical careers day 2016.
The RCP would like to thank partners and supporters of the conference:
I found the lectures on applying for a job, preparing for foundation programme specialty application, preparing for MRCP, and a career beyond clinical medicine very helpful.