'The role of a clinical director' is a 1-day workshop for aspiring and recently appointed clinical directors.
Are you looking to become a clinical director? Or perhaps you have been appointed a clinical director in the last 2 years and would value informed discussion, information and advice about tackling the everyday issues you face in the role.
This intensive 1-day workshop has been designed to equip you with the knowledge and skills to deal with the complex issues you face as a clinical director, from coping with winter pressures, to writing short business cases, and outlining your role within the appraisal and revalidation process.
The workshop will offer advice on balancing the tensions between your leadership and clinical responsibilities, as well as strategies on how best to manage this challenging role. Interactive sessions will be facilitated by an RCP teaching faculty comprising highly-experienced medical and clinical directors, NHS managers and medical educationalists.
The programme for the day will include the following topics:
- appraisal and revalidation – the role of the clinical director (CD) and what happens when problems arise
- job planning – potential job planning issues and how best to tackle them
- the short business case – how to write one and the link with quality improvement
- risk management – types of risks, dealing with complaints, who do you need to contact?
- finance – how NHS finance works, the role of commissioners and providers
- coping with the winter crisis – some practical measures
- managing the role – the human factors.
Membership and early-bird discounts are available. To benefit from discounted RCP members delegate rates at conferences, training and events, please click here for more information on becoming a member.
Clinical directors workshop
17 May 2019 09:30 to 17:00