This half-day refresher workshop is designed for doctors who have already attended the RCP Educational supervisor workshop, or an equivalent course, in the last 3-5 years. It follows the General Medical Council’s requirements as set out in their standards for trainers.
The training will revisit and reinforce key aspects of the educational supervisor role, as well as building on the knowledge and skills developed in the RCP Educational supervisor 2-day course.
Who should attend?
This course is suitable for doctors who have experience of supervising trainees of any grade and specialty, and delegates will have the opportunity to share and reflect on their experiences in the role.
Very helpful update regarding expectations of CS and ES and GMC expectations, augmented by discussion.
What will I learn?
By the end of the workshop, you will be able to:
- review essential knowledge and skills for educational supervisors
- identify and discuss challenges of the supervisory role
- utilise effective feedback principles: moving from feedback to feed forward
- obtain constructive and useful feedback as a supervisor
- create an effective action plan for their personal development.
RCP North map and directions
This was hugely useful. [The workshop provided] lots of tips on things to do going forward. Very helpful for meeting revalidation requirements.
Top-up workshop for educational supervisors
5 July 2019 13:00 to 17:00