The North Western region's Update in medicine is a flagship event that provides high-quality education and professional development opportunities, alongside a guest lecture on a topic not frequently covered by physicians.
confirmed topics will include:
- Atrial fibrillation: an update on management
- Successfully managing chronic illness in adolescents and young adults
- Neurostimulation and its emerging role in dysphagia recovery post stroke
- HIV and sexual health - updates and interesting cases
- MARSIPAN - Management of really sick patients with anorexia nervosa
- Emerging medical therapies in inflammatory bowel diseases
Topics are subject to change.
Who is it for?
This Update in medicine is aimed at all levels of the profession; consultant physicians, SAS doctors and trainees in all medical specialties.
This event will feature a poster competition whereby trainees with feature their work. A winner will also be announced on the day.
Please note: this is a popular event, so we would encourage you to book early.