The RCP Cymru Wales Update in Medicine - North Wales takes place on Thursday 21 May 2020 at the Village Hotel, Chester St Davids, Ewloe, Deeside.
Our Regional Lecture will be presented by Professor Catherine Nelson-Piercy, consultant obstetric physician at Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust and Guy’s and St. Thomas’ Hospitals Trust on the importance of obstetric medicine for all physicians who encounter women of child-bearing age in clinics or on call. Two-thirds of all maternal deaths are due to medical, not obstetric, conditions and many of these relate to errors of omission.
Other topics on the programme will include:
- the challenge of 'stroke mimics'
- update in heart failure and devices update
- unscheduled oncology - and the role of device therapy
- ABUHB wellbeing study of doctors 2019
- overview of Encephalitis
- beyond DNACPR: frameworks for decision making at the end of life
- the Pot-Noodle of quality improvement - cooking up ideas and results
- neurology in the medicial admissions unit
- open forum with PRCP Professor Andrew Goddard and college officers
Plus the winners of the RCP-SoPW 2019 poster competition Dr Sarah Wright and Dr Natasha Winterburn who will be presenting their abstract Using 'on-call' simulation to support the transition of medical students onto the foundation training programme.
Who should attend?
Consultant physicians, trainee doctors, SAS doctors, physician associates and advanced clinical practitioners
RCP members benefit from discounted delegate rates at many conferences, training and events. For more information on becoming a member please click here