The Royal College of Physicians' (RCP's) workplace-based assessment courses are interactive 1-day workshops that will teach participants how to use a range of assessment methods in order to appraise competence and performance more effectively.
What you will learn
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- recognise the differences, and the relationships, between assessment and appraisal
- use appropriate methods of assessment in a way that ensures reliability, validity, transparency, feasibility and educational impact
- provide good quality, useful feedback
- identify and maximise opportunities for workplace-based assessments
- overcome problems related to the assessment process.
It was useful as a trainee and as a trainer. Discussions from this workshop on how to give feedback systematically and how to deal with a defensive assessee […] were very practical and worth learning.
Who should attend?
This workshop is suitable for doctors from all grades and specialties, including trainees.
E-learning - assessing trainees in the workplace
Assessing trainees in the workplace is a package that offers 3 hours of online training and is suitable for any secondary care doctor assessing trainees. Available at a discount rate for RCP members and fellows, this package will help you fully understand methods used for assessing trainees, giving insight into what makes good practice and effective feedback.
The package can be purchased on its own at full price, or at a half-price discount when purchased at the same as booking to attend a workplace-based assessment workshop.
This is available as an add-on item when booking online.
18 October 2018 09:30 to 16:00