This guideline covers assessing and treating bedwetting in people aged under 19. It aims to reduce bedwetting and the distress this causes by explaining what to ask in an assessment, what advice to provide, and which treatments are effective.
This guideline includes recommendations on:
- assessment and investigation
- advice on fluid intake, diet and toileting patterns
- initial treatment with alarms and desmopressin
- recurrence of bedwetting
- anticholinergics and tricyclics
- children under 5 years with bedwetting
Who is it for?
- Healthcare professionals
- Commissioners and providers
- People aged under 19 with bedwetting, and their families and carers