This guideline covers investigation and management of heart valve disease presenting in adults. It aims to improve quality of life and survival for people with heart valve disease through timely diagnosis and appropriate intervention.
This guideline includes recommendations on:
- referral for echocardiography and specialist assessment
- pharmacological management
- indications for interventions
- monitoring after an intervention
Who is it for?
- Healthcare professionals
- Commissioners and providers
- People with heart valve disease, their families and carers