This guideline covers diagnosing, assessing and managing primary hyperparathyroidism. It aims to improve recognition and treatment of this condition, reducing long‑term complications and improving quality of life.
This guideline includes recommendations on:
- diagnostic testing in primary care
- testing and assessment in secondary care
- referral for surgery and surgical management
- non-surgical management
- care before and during pregnancy
- information and support
See a visual summary on the recommendations for diagnosing primary hyperparathyroidism and a visual summary on the recommendations for managing primary hyperparathyroidism.
Who is it for?
- Healthcare professionals
- People with suspected or confirmed primary hyperparathyroidism, their families and carers