This guideline covers assessing and managing low back pain and sciatica in people aged 16 and over.
It outlines physical, psychological, pharmacological and surgical treatments to help people manage their low back pain and sciatica in their daily life. The guideline aims to improve people’s quality of life by promoting the most effective forms of care for low back pain and sciatica.
This guideline includes recommendations on:
- assessment of low back pain and sciatica
- non-invasive treatments for low back pain and sciatica
- invasive treatments for low back pain and sciatica
Who is it for?
- Healthcare professionals
- Commissioners and providers of healthcare
- People with low back pain or sciatica, and their families and carers