This guideline covers how to identify the adults, young people and children with non-alcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD) who have advanced liver fibrosis and are most at risk of further complications.
Non-alcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD): assessment and management outlines the lifestyle changes and pharmacological treatments that can manage NAFLD and advanced liver fibrosis.
The guideline includes recommendations on:
- identifying groups at higher risk of NAFLD
- diagnosing NAFLD in children and young people, and referring them to tertiary care
- identifying adults, young people and children with advanced liver fibrosis
- lifestyle modifications for NAFLD
- pharmacological treatment for advanced liver fibrosis
Who is it for?
- Healthcare professionals
- Commissioners and providers of healthcare
- People with NAFLD, their families and carers
Glen J, Floros L, Day C, Pryke R. Non-alcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD): summary of NICE guidance. BMJ. 2016; 354:i4428