This guideline covers the diagnosis and management of obstructive sleep apnoea/hypopnoea syndrome (OSAHS), obesity hypoventilation syndrome (OHS) and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease with OSAHS (COPD–OSAHS overlap syndrome) in people over 16. It aims to improve recognition, investigation and treatment of these related conditions.
This guideline includes recommendations on:
- OSAHS initial assessment, diagnosis and management
- OHS initial assessment, diagnosis and management
- COPD–OSAHS overlap syndrome initial assessment, diagnosis and management
- Providing information for people with OSAHS, OHS or COPD–OSAHS overlap syndrome
Who is it for?
- Healthcare professionals, including dentists
- Commissioners and providers
- People with OSAHS, OHS or COPD-OSAHS overlap syndrome, and their families and carers