RCP Cymru Wales has published its response to the Health Education and Improvement Wales education and training plan 2023/24.
- Not enough visible progress has been made on NHS workforce planning.
- Stakeholder engagement in developing workforce plans has been very limited.
- It is unclear how the workforce strategy will complement the national clinical framework.
- Workforce planning must become more strategic and nationally led by HEIW.
- An independent NHS Wales Executive could help to improve accountability.
- Data collection must improve and become more transparent.
- We would welcome more engagement and opportunity to collaborate with HEIW.