RCP Cymru Wales has published its response to the Welsh government’s plan for transforming and modernising planned care and reducing waiting lists.
- There is a concerning lack of detail on how the plan will be delivered.
- There are too few measurable targets, especially on social care and patient outcomes.
- There is no detail on how ambitious cancer targets will be met.
- There is no clear measurement framework for delivering this plan.
- A clearly co-produced workforce plan should be an immediate priority.
- We welcome a commitment to better communication with patients.
- It is impossible to comment on funding without more detail about delivery of the plan.
- We welcome the focus on health inequalities. This needs to be cross-governmental.
- Data collection must improve and become more transparent.
- The move to digital healthcare needs investment in education, estates and equipment.
- The impact on health professional education and training is not discussed in any detail.
- There is a risk that without a strong central guiding hand, local plans will be inconsistent.