This guideline covers the assessment, investigation and management of tinnitus in primary, community and secondary care. It offers advice to healthcare professionals on supporting people presenting with tinnitus and on when to refer for specialist assessment and management.
For adults with tinnitus and hearing loss, this guideline should be read together with the NICE guideline on hearing loss in adults.
This guideline includes recommendations on:
- Support and information for people with tinnitus
- Referring people with tinnitus
- Assessing the impact of tinnitus
- Management of tinnitus
Who is it for?
- Healthcare professionals
- Social care practitioners
- Commissioners of health and social care services
- People with tinnitus, their family members and carers, and the public