Commentary is the membership magazine of the Royal College of Physicians (RCP), delivering authoritative insight and opinion across a diverse range of subjects – including political developments in the health sector and medical history.
In the latest issue
- Medicine 2019 – Looking ahead to the RCP's annual conference, held in Manchester on 25–26 April.
- Homelessness healthcare in practice – Dr Nigel Hewett from the homeless healthcare charity Pathway invites doctors to discuss their experiences of treating vulnerable patients in the hospital setting.
- Body donation and medical research – A vital part of every medical student's training, Commentary considers the history and current practice of body donation in the UK.
- Cancer prevention in Kenya – A practising physician discusses the challenges of treating cancer in Kenya, in light of the government's recently launched prevention and detection strategy.
- Catch your breath – An in-depth look at the new exhibition hosted at the RCP.
- Are end-of-life care charities reflective of the NHS' failings? – Dr Stephen Kirkham examines the growth of end-of-life charities.
April's magazine also includes news about the RCP, including the latest updates on our new building in Liverpool, the closure of the Health Informatics Unit and the results of the survey on assisted dying.