- What we do
- Medical careers & training
- CPD, education & revalidation
- My RCP
Whether you are preparing to take your MRCP(UK) exams, are an SAS doctor or are in core medical training at CT1 or CT2 level, associate membership has something to offer you.
The RCP campaigns for change, advising government and Parliament, and takes part in national debates on medical, clinical and public health issues.
We create education programmes to provide you with the knowledge and skills you need for high performance and offer regional and international support through a network of advisers and events. Associates are an important part of the RCP and are involved in the SAS steering group, the trainees committee and the RCP research panel.
Special offer: buy Medical Masterclass premier package and get one year's membership for free.
- access to the online CPD diary, saving you £140 a year
- Clinical Medicine journal delivered to your door six times a year
- access to over 1,000 e-journals via Athens including Lancet and New England Journal of Medicine, Medical Education and Medical Teacher - resources differ to NHS Athens account resources and are mostly educational and teaching based; enjoy a growing collection of e-books covering public health, education, ethics, policy and research methods along with exclusive early access to RCP publications
- long-distance library services including literature services, document delivery and info requests
- access to two RCP libraries with reading rooms, free Wi-Fi, dedicated study spaces and a range of library services.
- option to combine your membership payments with Joint Royal College of Physicians Training Board (JRCPTB) fees and pay in annual installments. Learn more about JRCPTB enrolment
- discounts on RCP conferences (rates may vary) make it easier to earn CPD points
- get a one week free trial and 10% discount on Medical Masterclass, the MRCP(UK) revision package
- get a 10% discount on RCP publications including national clinical guidelines and reports
- 25% off submitting and reading cases through BMJ Case Reports
- RCP affinity - exclusive member offers and discounts on lifestyle, work, travel, advice and insurance products and services
- competitively priced accommodation for members and their families at William Harvey House.
- use of RCP cafe, parking and mezzanine-level complimentary tea and coffee facilities
- join RCP working parties, forums and committees
- join a guideline development group to oversee a guideline in the National Clinical Guideline Centre's work programme
- join the RCP research panel to inform RCP policy and services.
Stay up to date
- receive Commentary, our members' magazine, six times a year
- President's e-bulletin
- Weekly RCP Digest
- My RCP - members only access with personalised content.
Who is eligible?
- trainees and staff and associate specialist (SAS) doctors before passing MRCP(UK) exam
- doctors enrolled in higher medical training (with JRCPTB at ST1 or ST2 level) in the UK and eligible for Certificate of Completion of Training (CCT)
- all applicants must have a primary medical degree.
Associate combined with JRCPTB fees
Get your tax back
If you are a UK taxpayer, save from 22–40% of the cost of your membership subscription. To find out more about subscriptions and concessions please read our payment information.
Once you have completed your online application an email confirming membership and requesting payment will be sent to you.
Alternatively, please download the PDF version of the application form and the declaration statement to print, complete and return to us. Associate membership no longer needs the support of proposers so please ignore this section of the application.