- What we do
- Medical careers & training
- CPD, education & revalidation
- My RCP
Co-badged by the British Hypertension Society
‘Excellent. I really do feel as though my knowledge has been updated, and my confidence in the investigation and treatment of hypertension has increased significantly. Overall a day well spent’ – Dr Fiona Harris, Consultant nephrologist
Treating blood pressure is one of the most effective ways of lowering cardiovascular risk. Yet a proportion of patients have blood pressure that is resistant to treatment. This one-day medical conference will provide the latest information on novel management strategies for the treatment of resistant hypertension. Delegates will leave the conference informed of the exciting new treatment options now becoming available for these patients through stepped pharmacological therapy, interventional strategies and enhanced diagnostic techniques for patients with secondary hypertension.
The interactive programme will present practical information designed to be applicable to clinical practice – highlights include:
• Treatment challenges.
• Secondary causes of hypertension - the potential for cure.
• Blood pressure and obesity - new treatment strategies.
• Blood pressure in diabetes - translational opportunities for protecting the micro-circulation.
• Genetics of hypertension – new targets for pharmacological treatment.
Who should attend this medical conference:
• cardiology consultants and trainees
• clinical pharmacology consultants and trainees
• primary care specialists.