Everything that we do at the Royal College of Physicians (RCP) aims to improve patient care and reduce illness. We are patient centred and clinically led, and drive improvement in the diagnosis of disease, the care of individual patients and the health of the whole population, both in the UK and across the globe.
We are the professional membership body for physicians, with over 30,000 members and fellows across the globe. Physicians diagnose and treat illness, and they promote, maintain and restore health. As the leading body for physicians in the UK and internationally, we will work to achieve our vision by:
- influencing the way that healthcare is designed and delivered
- promoting good health and leading the prevention of ill health across communities
- supporting physicians to fulfil their potential.
The best possible health and healthcare for everyone.
The RCP sets higher standards and works to improve care in practice. We are committed to:
- being patient centred: we put patients at the centre of everything that we do
- being clinically led: we empower our members and value their knowledge, expertise and experience
- wellbeing: we are committed to promoting disease prevention, and good physical and mental health for individuals and communities
- quality: we deliver the highest quality and best value service
- innovation: we are forward looking and evidence based
- openness: we champion equality, promote diversity and are open and transparent in everything that we do.
Over the next 5 years, our activities and resources will be focused on delivering five strategic aims:
- We will improve care for patients.
- We will develop physicians throughout their careers.
- We will lead and support our members.
- We will shape the future of health and healthcare.
- We will invest in our future and build on our heritage.