The RCP500 Charter will be in Belfast and Antrim on 20–21 September, giving physicians working in Northern Ireland the opportunity to sign our modern-day charter of professional values.
Produced to celebrate the RCP's 500th anniversary in 2018, the RCP500 Charter highlights the commitment of modern-day physicians to:
- provide the highest standards of patient care
- train, develop and support doctors
- act as leaders
- promote good health and prevention of ill health.
Doctors will be able to sign the charter at these locations:
- RCP Update in medicine – Belfast, Wednesday 20 September 2017, 8.30am–5pm
- Antrim Area Hospital, Thursday 21 September 2017.
The RCP Charter Cycle is a 2,018-mile journey between NHS trusts being undertaken by RCP registrar Dr Andrew Goddard. If you would like to cycle with Dr Goddard at any point during his journey, please register your details and stay updated about the route the ride is taking.
Physicians for Africa
As well as bringing the RCP500 Charter to our members and fellows, Dr Goddard is raising awareness of Physicians for Africa – the RCP's fundraising initiative to improve access to well-trained physicians in east, central and southern Africa.
This is how your money could make a difference:
- £27 provides a month's access to online resource and webinars for trainees
- £270 covers enrolment and registration costs for each trainee physician
- £2,400 enables the accreditation of each new training unit.