After visiting Cornwall, Devon and Somerset in early August, the RCP Charter Cycle will travel to the south-west of England again on 2–3 October 2017.
Physicians working in Bristol and Weston-super-Mare, along with delegates at the RCP regional update, will have the opportunity to sign the RCP500 Charter at these times:
- Monday 2 October, 12–1.30pm: Weston General Hospital, Waverley Room in the Academy
- Monday 2 October, 3.30–5.30pm: RCP regional update in medicine, DoubleTree by Hilton hotel, Bristol
- Tuesday 3 October, 8.30–9.30am: Southmead Hospital, main entrance to Brunel building.
What is the RCP500 Charter?
Produced to celebrate our 500th anniversary in 2018, the RCP's modern-day charter reaffirms the commitment made by physicians to:
- provide the highest standards of patient care
- train, develop and support doctors
- act as leaders
- promote good health and prevention of ill health.
Physicians for Africa
As well as bringing the RCP500 Charter to our members and fellows, the RCP Charter Cycle is raising awareness of Physicians for Africa – the RCP’s fundraising initiative to improve access to well-trained physicians in east, central and southern Africa.
This is how your money could make a difference:
- £27 provides a month's access to online resource and webinars for trainees
- £270 covers enrolment and registration costs for each trainee physician
- £2,400 enables the accreditation of each new training unit.