Undergraduate and postgraduate medical students in the UK and abroad will now be offered free membership by the RCP in a bid to help better prepare the next generation of physicians for the qualifying MRCP(UK) exams.
Starting this academic year the RCP is offering medical students a free pass for membership. Previously, students paid for membership in monthly instalments, but the fee has now been waived.
The membership offering has also been improved by increasing the support and tools on offer from the RCP to those studying. Student membership is now classified as associate membership within the RCP, giving students access to a wider range of benefits than ever before:
- career development and networking opportunities, such as the Student and Foundation Doctor Network
- exclusive discounts, including up to 20% off UpToDate
- experience-led 'how to' guides written by experienced physicians and experts
- access to Clinical Medicine online journal articles and case reports
- free attendance to regional RCP teach-ins
- funding opportunities, including elective bursaries worth £500 and sponsorship for student-run events
- web-streamed teach-ins and lectures to allow participation from afar
- use of the RCP library, study spaces and long-distance loans.
As the leading body for physicians in the UK and internationally, the RCP works to improve patient care and reduce illness by supporting physicians to fulfil their potential. Fulfilling this vision must begin with the future of medicine – the medical students of today.
How to join
To become a member of the RCP, you can either join online now or complete the membership application below and return it to:
Royal College of Physicians
11 St Andrews Place
London NW1 4LE