As Dr Tanzeem Raza nears the end of his successful term as Senior London Examiner for PACES, the RCP is looking to recruit a new senior examiner (PACES) to continue Dr Raza’s good work.
The appointment comes on the eve of an exciting year for the MRCP(UK) PACES examination and the RCP with preparation for the launch of a refreshed PACES examination with PACES 2020 and the completion of the new, state of the art, clinical assessment suite at RCP at The Spine.
The senior examiner (PACES) will work alongside the RCP Assessment Team, based at RCP North in Liverpool, to provide clinical insight and leadership in relation to the conduct of the MRCP(UK) PACES examination through RCP London, ensuring that the examination remains relevant and robust.
The key responsibilities of the post holder will be:
- Recruitment, training and management of London PACES examiners.
- Recruitment and support of PACES centres and host teams.
- Ensuring the MRCP(UK) PACES examination is conducted fairly and appropriately across all RCP London centres.
- Representing RCP London on Federation Boards and committees, as appropriate.
- Supporting the implementation of PACES 2020.
- Promotion of RCP at the Spine as a centre of PACES clinical excellence.
Applicants should be:
- Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians (London) in good standing.
- Registered with the GMC with a current licence to practise.
- Experienced PACES Examiner.
The ideal candidate will meet the criteria above and be passionate about the work of RCP London and MRCP(UK) PACES, in particular PACES 2020. They will engage effectively with clinician colleagues and Assessment Unit staff alike to consolidate and strengthen the MRCP(UK) PACES examination and demonstrate a clear understanding of the examination standards and future direction of the MRCP(UK) diploma.
Applicants should forward a short CV (two pages) and covering letter for the attention of Jane Ratford to Assessment.Unit@rcplondon.ac.uk by midnight on Sunday 11 August 2019.
For further information about the post please contact Jane Ratford at Jane.Ratford@rcplondon.ac.uk.
Interviews will take place on Thursday 29 August 2019 in London. The interview panel will consist of Dr Emma Vaux, Vice President for Education and Training and Jane Ratford, Head of the Assessment Unit.
Following appointment, it is anticipated that the first duties as senior examiner (PACES) will be carried out at the PACES Examiner Briefing on Wednesday 11 September in London.