The Medical Training Initiative (MTI) is a mutually beneficial scheme that provides junior doctors from all over the world with the opportunity to work and train in the UK, while giving trusts a high-quality, longer-term alternative to using locums to fill rota gaps. The scheme facilitates General Medical Council (GMC) registration and tier 5 (Government Authorised Exchange) visa for those eligible.
COVID-19 Update for International Medical Graduates
Please find below FAQs regarding IMGS and COVID-19. This is a reguarly changing situation, so we will keep this area updated with new information as quickly as we can.
The RCP scheme is the largest of all UK college programmes, with more than 300 international medical graduates currently working in the UK.
Benefits to the MTI candidate:
- develop clinical, communication and leadership skills in a fast-paced supportive environment
- free use of the ePortfolio system to log all evidence of their experience, competencies and courses for their entire medical training period
- dedicated UK team to provide support before, during and after training.
Benefits to the trust:
- recruit excellent RCP endorsed international medical graduates
- international medical graduates (IMGs) contribute a wide range of clinical skills and teaching expertise to UK medical practice
- the initiative fosters links with hospitals around the world, as IMGs return to their countries with the knowledge and skills gained at your trust.
If you are unable to speak to us please contact the RCP Global office on +44 (0)20 3075 1304 and a message will be passed on to the MTI team to contact you via email .