While the Royal College of Physicians (RCP) makes every effort to ensure that the information provided in our websites is accurate and up to date, we do not warrant the accuracy and completeness of the content. We may make changes to the content of our websites or the products and services described in them, at any time without notice.
Under no circumstances shall the RCP be liable for any damage or loss arising from the use of or reliance on information contained in our websites.
When you access this website, you are agreeing to do so only for your private use and not for commercial or public use; and to use this site only for lawful and proper purposes, in a manner that does not infringe the rights of, or restrict, inhibit the use and enjoyment of, this site by anyone. Such restriction or inhibition includes, without limitation, conduct:
- which is unlawful
- which may harass
- which may cause distress or inconvenience to any person
- involving transmission of obscene or offensive content
- which disrupts normal working of this site.
You are also agreeing that you will not copy, store in any medium, distribute, transmit, modify or show in public any part of the website without the prior written permission of the RCP or in accordance with the Copyright, Design and Patents Act 1988.
You are prohibited from using this website to post or transmit any unlawful, defamatory, obscene, offensive or scandalous material. This includes material that constitutes or encourages conduct that would be considered a criminal offence, likely to give rise to civil liability or otherwise violates any law. The Royal College of Physicians reserves the right to co-operate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing us to disclose the identity of anyone posting any such information or materials on this website.
Third Party Links
Our sites contain links to other sites. We cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of other websites even if you access them using links from our websites and recommend that you check the policy of each site you visit.
In addition, if you linked to our websites from a third party website, we cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of the owners or operators of that third party site and recommend that you check the policy of that third party site and contact its owner or operator if you have any concerns or questions.
Copyright and trademark
Unless stated otherwise, the RCP maintains copyright on the information published on this site. The design of the website is owned by the RCP and we own or have license to use the photographs found on the website.
Logos, names and images identifying the RCP are the proprietary marks of the Royal College of Physicians (Reg. Charity No. 210508) and our subsidiaries. You are prohibited by law to reproduce them.
Intellectual property rights
All copyright, trademarks and other intellectual property rights in our websites and all photographs, footage, designs, images, text, software, data and other material in our sites or generated by our sites are owned by us or our licensors. You are permitted to use the sites and this material only as expressly authorised by us.
You are permitted to print and download extracts from our websites for your personal non-commercial use and for private study or teaching purposes, provided in each case that:
- copyright and source indications are also printed and copied
- no modifications are made to the materials and they are not used as part of any other publication
- any document is printed and copied entirely and is not used in a derogatory or misleading context
- the material is not used in a manner which may damage our reputation or otherwise be harmful to us or impair our ability to achieve our charitable objects.
No other use of material in our websites may be made without first obtaining our written permission. In particular, you must not do the following unless you have first obtained our written permission to:
- Incorporate any material from our sites in any other work or publication, whether in hard copy or electronic form; or
- Make any commercial use or publication of any material on our sites (other than as necessary for the purpose of viewing the sites in the course of business).
If you wish to use any material from any of our sites other than in accordance with terms above please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Any rights not expressly granted in these terms are reserved.
- The products which are supplied via our websites have been designed to comply with the statutory legal requirements and relevant safety standards of the United Kingdom. We can therefore make no representation or warranty that any product provided via or referred to in our sites is compliant with health, safety or other legal requirements which apply outside the United Kingdom or are otherwise suitable for use outside of the United Kingdom. You may not access our sites from countries where their contents are illegal or unlawful. If you do access our sites from locations outside the United Kingdom, you do so on your own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws.
- We do not warrant that the functions contained in our sites will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that our sites or the servers that make them available are free of viruses or bugs or represent full functionality, accuracy or reliability of the materials. We will not be liable for any loss, disruption or damage to your data or your computer system or any other damages (including amongst other losses, loss of profit or loss of use) arising out of your use or delay or inability to use our sites, their content or any link to another website arising in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise except in the case of death or personal injury caused by our negligence.
We've taken every care to ensure that the information on this website is accurate and up to date. However, if you come across something you believe is inaccurate, please contact the Web team at email@example.com.