The RCP strategy 2015-2020 highlights the college's mission for the next 5 years, outlining ways that we will improve care for patients, develop physicians through their careers, lead and support members, and shape the future of health and healthcare.
Everything that we do at the Royal College of Physicians (RCP) aims to improve patient care and reduce illness. We are patient centred and clinically led. We drive improvement in the diagnosis of disease, the care of individual patients and the health of the whole population, both in the UK and across the globe.
As the leading body for physicians in the UK and internationally, we will work to achieve our vision by:
- influencing the way that healthcare is designed and delivered
- promoting good health and leading the prevention of ill health across communities
- supporting physicians to fulfil their potential.
Our strategic aims
Over the next 5 years, our activities and resources will be focused on delivering five strategic aims.
- We will improve care for patients
- We will develop physicians throughout their careers
- We will lead and support our members
- We will shape the future of health and healthcare
- We will invest in our future and build on our heritage.