What we are doing
The Health and Work Development Unit (HWDU - previously known as the Occupational Health Clinical Effectiveness Unit), was a partnership between the Faculty of Occupational Medicine and the Royal College of Physicians. The unit closed in August 2014.
The unit leaves a legacy of improvement to health at work, including:
- a series of clinical guidelines relevant to health and work
- a series of concise guidance for all clinicians on occupational health topics
- improvements in occupational health clinical care achieved through its programme of national clinical audits
- a bespoke client experience survey for OH services
- greater implementation of NICE public health workplace guidance in the NHS achieved through its national organisational audit and implementation workshops.