In this page, we have gathered resources specific to the management of lung cancer patients. It would be very difficult to gather all the evidence, however there are key examples that highlights a range of good practice aspects around diagnostics pathway, treatment management and patient holistic assessments. You can also find guidelines for the management of solitary pulmonary nodules.
List of resources gathered through participants in ILCOP
- University Hospitals Birmingham NHS Foundation Trust. Guidelines for the management of SPN (and calculator). Birmingham: NHS, 2009.
- Lung health holistic needs assessment (HNA) - Full practical guide
- National Cancer Action Team. Manual for cancer services: chemotherapy measures. London: NHS, 2011.
- University Hospitals Birmingham NHS Foundation Trust. Pre-clinic CT pathway (presentation)
- Lal A, Phillips S, Russell C, Woolhouse I. The novel use of fast track CT to select patients for lung cancer clinics: effect on clinic efficiency, waiting times, and patient satisfaction. Postrad Med J 2011;87:264–8.
- Hoosein MM, Barnes D, KhanAN et al. The importance of ultrasound in staging and gaining a pathological diagnosis in patients with lung cancer – a two year single centre experience. Thorax 2011;66:414–7.
- British Thoracic Society and Society of Cardiothoracic Surgeons of Great Britain and Ireland Working Party. Guidelines on the selection of patients with lung cancer for surgery. Thorax 2001;56:89–108.
- National Cancer Action Team. Holistic Needs Assessment - Full practical guide
- University Hospitals Birmingham NHS Foundation Trust: Fitness for Surgery Information - MDT presentation
- Thorax Radical Management Guidelines October 2010