This page contains information and resources developed to help organisations participating in the National Asthma and COPD Audit Programme (NACAP) secondary care (adult asthma) workstream.
Information and resources will be updated as necessary or as they become available.
Uses of audit data
Patient eligibility critieria
Patient eligibility critieria are included on the first page of the adult asthma clinical audit dataset. The ICD-10 codes for retrospective checking of eligible cases are also provided below. Please note that these ICD-10 codes should be in the primary position of the first episode of care:
- J45.0 – Predominantly allergic asthma
- J45.1 – Nonallergic asthma
- J45.8 – Mixed asthma
- J45.9 – Asthma, unspecified
- J46.0 – Status asthmaticus (Includes: Acute severe asthma).
Audit tools and guidance
Patient information documentation
We produce regular newsletters providing updates on NACAP and its workstreams. If you would like to receive the NACAP newsletter, which covers primary care, quality improvement and general programme updates, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
You hereby agree that, in downloading or using these documents for any use outside of the project for which it was developed, you are entering into a royalty-free, non-exclusive licence agreement with the Healthcare Quality Improvement Partnership (HQIP) under the following terms and conditions:
- All information, software, products and related graphics contained in the audit tool or data collection form are provided for non-commercial purposes 'as is’ without warranty, including but not limited to the implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, title and non-infringement of third party intellectual property rights.
- In no event shall HQIP be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages for loss of profits, revenue, data or use incurred by you or any third party, whether in action in contract, tort, or otherwise, arising from your access to, or use of, the audit tool or form. HQIP make no representations about the suitability, reliability, or timeliness and accuracy of the information, software, products and related graphics contained in the audit tool or forms. HQIP reserves the right to make improvements, changes or updates to forms or tools at any time without notice.