Links to external quality improvement resources and other healthcare organisations focused on quality improvement work,
Guides listing external workshops, e-learning resources and publications designed to assist clinicians and their teams with the theory and practice of quality improvement
Key quality improvement resources
- The IHI's 'Model for Improvement'
- The IHI's 'Quality Improvement Essentials Toolkit'
- The Health Foundation's Quality improvement made simple
- HQIP's Guide to quality improvement methods
- BMJ Quality & Safety archive of Quality Improvement Reports
- NHS Scotland's QI Connect WebEx series
- NHS England's 'How to become an improvement measure expert in 60 minutes'
- Ben Bray on 'Improving healthcare quality in the age of big data'
Quality improvement case studies
- American Society for Quality (ASQ) – Quality in Healthcare case studies
- Skills for Health case studies
- IHI case studies
- BMJ case studies
- National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE) – local practice case studies
- HQIP – resources directory
- Health Foundation – improvement projects directory
- NHS Improvement – resources bank