This page provides a series of resources to support services who are participating in the audit of adult asthma secondary care, or who are eligible to participate and would like more information.
All hospitals in England and Wales who admit people with asthma attacks are eligible to participate. To register your hospital, please complete and send the registration and Caldicott Guardian approval forms below to email@example.com.
- Sharing identifiable data - information on when and how NRAP might share identifiable data, and a record on when this has occurred.
- Data flows for adult asthma - diagram showing how NRAP and its stakeholders access and use clinical data on adult asthma.
- Adult asthma clinical fair processing - detailed explanation of NRAP’s approval to collect and store clinical data on adult asthma, and how data is shared with NRAP’s stakeholders.
- Information governance frequently asked questions
Audit and data collection guidance for participating services
- Adult asthma user guide - detailed support for accessing and using the webtool as well as advice on information governance, data collection and submission.
- Adult asthma frequently asked questions - find answers to the common questions asthma services have about the NACAP clinical audit of adult asthma secondary care. Questions cover general information on the audit, technical questions on how to use the audit webtool, and questions on how we collect, store, use and share data.
- Adult asthma clinical audit dataset - See the full list of data points you will be asked to enter on the audit webtool for each asthma patient included in the audit. The document includes help notes to help you respond to each question.
Information to share with patients
Information for patients and details about how NRAP works in partnership with patients and carers can be found on the patient support page.
Healthcare improvement (HI) support for asthma services
Generic and asthma specific HI support is available for everyone on the NRAP website. This includes:
- Recommendations for HI priorities
- Slide sets highlighting key findings from clinical audit reports to inform and support clinical teams to make improvements
- "How to" guides for NRAP runcharts
- Templates for driver diagrams, PDSA cycles and SMART aims
For more information about NRAP's QI strategy and activities, click here.