The RCP is a patient centred and clinically led organisation whose core mission is to improve patient care and reduce illness.
We drive improvements in the diagnosis of disease, the care of individual patients and the health of the whole population, both in the UK and across the globe.
We are the professional membership body for physicians, with 34,000 members and fellows across the globe. Physicians diagnose and treat illness, and they promote, maintain and restore health. As the leading body for physicians in the UK and internationally, we will work to achieve our vision by:
- influencing the way that healthcare is designed and delivered
- promoting good health and leading the prevention of ill health across communities
- supporting physicians to fulfil their potential.
Over the next 5 years, our activities and resources will be focused on delivering five strategic aims:
- We will improve care for patients.
- We will develop physicians throughout their careers.
- We will lead and support our members.
- We will shape the future of health and healthcare.
- We will invest in our future and build on our heritage.