Our mentoring skills workshop has been developed to support doctors and allied health professionals who are already in a mentoring position, as well as those preparing to take on such a role.
The workshop gives attendees an opportunity to explore the role of a mentor, as well as ideas and models that you will be able to put into immediate practice.
Upcoming course dates
There are currently no scheduled dates for this course.
If you would like to be put on our Course Demand list and be notified of future dates for this course, please email email@example.com.
By the end of this workshop doctors will be able to:
- identify the role of a mentor
- outline the basic structure of a successful mentoring relationship
- use appropriate techniques, including objective setting and reviewing, to establish and sustain an effective mentoring relationship
- recognise the ethical dilemmas that can arise in mentoring relationships
- reflect on your own personal development needs as a mentor.
Bespoke in-house training
Mentoring can have a positive impact on both a personal and an organisational level. If your NHS trust is interested in establishing a mentoring scheme we also offer bespoke in-house training courses, which:
- cater for the specific needs of your organisation
- enhance and build upon your organisation's particular strengths
- equip you and your doctors with the tools to establish mentoring activity at a level that is achievable and sustainable.
Who should attend?
Doctors of all specialties and grades, and allied health professionals, who are interested in taking on a mentoring role in their workplace, or who already have mentoring responsibilities and would like to improve their practice.
- Full cost: £290
Membership and early-bird discounts are available. More information on becoming a member, and benefits from discounted RCP members delegate rates at conferences, training and events, are available.