Our mentoring skills workshop has been developed to support doctors and allied health professionals who are already in a mentoring position, as well as those preparing to take on such a role.
The workshop gives attendees an opportunity to explore the role of a mentor, as well as ideas and models that you will be able to put into immediate practice.
Upcoming Workshop dates
There are currently no scheduled dates for this course.
Future Dates: For details of future workshops, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to register on the Course Demand List for early notification of dates.
By the end of this workshop doctors will be able to:
- identify the role of a mentor
- outline the basic structure of a successful mentoring relationship
- use appropriate techniques, including objective setting and reviewing, to establish and sustain an effective mentoring relationship
- recognise the ethical dilemmas that can arise in mentoring relationships
- reflect on your own personal development needs as a mentor.
Bespoke in-house training
Mentoring can have a positive impact on both a personal and an organisational level. If your NHS trust is interested in establishing a mentoring scheme we also offer bespoke in-house training courses, which:
- cater for the specific needs of your organisation
- enhance and build upon your organisation's particular strengths
- equip you and your doctors with the tools to establish mentoring activity at a level that is achievable and sustainable.
Who should attend?
Doctors of all specialties and grades, and allied health professionals, who are interested in taking on a mentoring role in their workplace, or who already have mentoring responsibilities and would like to improve their practice.
- Full cost: £290
Please email email@example.com to register on the Course Demand List for early notification of when future dates are LIVE for booking.
Membership and early-bird discounts are available. More information on becoming a member, and benefits from discounted RCP members delegate rates at conferences, training and events, are available.