The print and electronic collections focus on the RCP's specialties, medical leadership and management, health policy and public health, health service provision, teaching skills and learning theory, and MRCP(UK) exam revision.
We also hold every item published by the RCP.
Print materials can be browsed in our study spaces and borrowed by post.
Our online collection includes:
- ejournals: including The BMJ, JAMA, Annals of Internal Medicine, NEJM and Wiley ejournals
- ebooks: including the Oxford medical handbooks series and the Oxford Textbook of Medicine
- medical databases: MEDLINE, Embase (drugs and healthcare), Health Management Information Consortium (HMIC), Allied and Complementary Medicine Database (AMED)
- education databases: Education Resources Information Center (ERIC) and the British Education Index (BEI) (for students on RCP courses only).
How to access the electronic collections
- Please log in with your RCP Athens account to our Discovery search tool to access all our e-resources, plus our most recent print material.
- If you require an article, search the article finder for quick access.
- For those who prefer it, the OpenAthens portal is still available as an alternative.
- No login is required to search the RCP library catalogue, which lists all our ebooks as well as our entire print collection.
RCP Athens accounts
RCP Athens accounts are available to users entitled to full RCP member access. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for an account if you do not have one. If you've forgotten your password you can reset it online.
If you are having problems using Athens, please call +44 (0)20 3075 1539.
Beyond our collection
Articles not in our ejournal collection can be emailed to you via our document delivery service. To suggest new e-resources, please fill in our survey.