Our print and electronic collections focus on the RCP's specialties, medical leadership and management, health policy and public health, health service provision, teaching skills and learning theory, and MRCP(UK) exam revision. We also hold every item published by the RCP.
Print materials can be browsed in our study spaces and borrowed by post.
Our electronic resources (e-resources) include:
- ejournals: including The BMJ, JAMA, Annals of Internal Medicine, NEJM and Wiley ejournals
- ebooks: including the Oxford medical handbooks series and the Oxford Textbook of Medicine
- medical databases: MEDLINE, Embase (drugs and healthcare), Health Management Information Consortium (HMIC), Allied and Complementary Medicine Database (AMED)
- education databases: Education Resources Information Center (ERIC) and the British Education Index (BEI) (for students on RCP courses only).
How to access the e-resources
- Log in to our Discovery search tool with your RCP Athens account to access all our e-resources, as well as our most recent print material.
- If you require an article, search the article finder for quick access.
- The OpenAthens portal is still available as an alternative if preferred.
- No login is required to search the RCP library catalogue, which lists all our ebooks as well as our entire print collection.
Who can use the RCP library?
RCP Athens accounts
Athens accounts are the login method used to provide library e-resources to users entitled to full RCP member access. Please contact email@example.com for an account if you do not have one.
If you've forgotten your login details you can reset your Athens password online.
If you are having problems logging in, finding what you are looking for or accessing an article or other resource, please call +44 (0)20 3075 1539.