Our print and electronic collections focus on the RCP's specialties, medical leadership and management, health policy and public health, health service provision, teaching skills and learning theory, and MRCP(UK) exam revision. We also hold every item published by the RCP.
Print materials can be browsed in our study spaces and borrowed by post.
Our electronic resources (e-resources) include:
- ejournals: including The BMJ, JAMA, Annals of Internal Medicine, NEJM and Wiley ejournals
- Read by QxMD: keep up to date with research in your area of practice. Use your OpenAthens username and password to access thousands of articles from high-impact journals like the New England Journal of Medicine and the BMJ.
- ebooks: including the Oxford medical handbooks series and the Oxford Textbook of Medicine
- medical databases: MEDLINE, Embase (drugs and healthcare), Health Management Information Consortium (HMIC), Allied and Complementary Medicine Database (AMED), Evidence-Based Medicine Reviews (Cochrane Clinical Answers, Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews, Cochrane Methodology Register, DARE, HTA and the NHS Economic Evaluation Database). The first time you use these you will be asked to create an OVID ID.
- education databases: Education Resources Information Center (ERIC) and the British Education Index (BEI) (for students on RCP courses only).
How to access the e-resources
RCP Athens accounts
Athens accounts are the login method used to provide library e-resources to users entitled to full RCP member access. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for an account if you do not have one.
If you've forgotten your login details you can reset your Athens password online.
If you are having problems logging in, finding what you are looking for or accessing an article or other resource, please call +44 (0)20 3075 1539.