Commentary is the membership magazine of the RCP, delivering authoritative insight and opinion across a diverse range of subjects – including news from the RCP, thought-provoking features of interest to clinicians and updates on the engagement of the RCP with the wider community.
In the latest issue
The December edition of Commentary is available to read online, and our final issue of 2023 is packed with great content. Some of the highlights include:
- Rostered for change – how e-rostering can facilitate new approaches to work schedules.
- National Respiratory Audit Programme – how NRAP is improving care and clinical outcomes for people with respiratory disease.
- Retaining senior physicians – analysis and findings from our recent survey of physicians aged 50+ and how to keep them in the workforce.
- Medical apprenticeships – could they provide a useful model for the future, in light of the Long Term Workforce Plan?
- Homelessness this winter – advice for physicians working in hospitals to improve the care they can offer homeless patients.
- Referral to the GMC – a personal reflection from one doctor who was referred to the GMC, and how the experience affected them.
- The new Global vice president – an interview with Dr Omar Mustafa, who will lead RCP Global's work for the next 4 years.
- The RCP Senior Physicians Society (SPS) – an interview with the chair of the SPS, Professor Dame Jane Dacre.
- Remembering Matthew Baillie – on the 200th anniversary of his death, Harveian librarian Dr Louella Vaughan discusses Baillie's legacy.
- Fortitude – the RCP's new Museum exhibition, highlighting the experiences of doctors who worked throughout the COVID-19 pandemic.
Previous editions of Commentary
For earlier back issues, or for more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Advertising in Commentary
For information about advertising in the RCP’s publications – both in print and online – please download our information pack below.