Commentary is the membership magazine of the RCP, delivering authoritative insight and opinion across a diverse range of subjects – including political developments in the health sector and medical history.
In the latest issue
Commentary continues to bring you topical updates and insights on the COVID-19 pandemic. In this edition, we highlight and celebrate the RCP's membership, and their continued hard work and dedication. In this issue:
- No time for poor research – RCP president Professor Andrew Goddard on the difficulties of living in uncertain times, and the importance of evidence-based medical interventions.
- COVID-19 and trainees – All across the country, there are examples of trainees showing leadership and innovation in their response to the pandemic. We share some good practice in this article.
- 'DNR' orders: what's gone wrong? – Confusion among some patients about 'do not resuscitate' has been exacerbated in these increasingly busy times. How can doctors work to put things right?
- Ethical dilemmas and research – As the NHS looks to restart, reset and restore clinical services, ethical questions await clinicians, particularly regarding research.
- Returning to work: on the frontline – Many retired physicians have returned to the NHS. We hear their experiences, as well as clinical academics who have re-deployed, and other healthcare workers.
- Working with our regions – The RCP continues to seek feedback from its network of regional advisers to find out how COVID-19 is affecting our members.
- COVID-19 and mental capacity – The issue of assessing mental capacity is more important than ever. We speak to experts about this nuanced issue.
April's magazine also includes a special guest article from the Faculty Pharmaceutical Medicine, Professor Sir Michael Marmot writing on health inequalities, and we introduce the new chair of the RCP's Patient and Carer Network.
Advertising in Commentary
For information about advertising in the RCP’s publications – both in print and online – including pricing and production schedules, please see our rate card.