The Faculty of Physician Associates (FPA) 2-day annual conference returns for its second year. This conference is the main CPD opportunity of the year for physician associates, as well as offering an opportunity to network with peers sharing experience and best practice.
The conference will be the precursor to the launch of Physician Associates Week, which will celebrate the contribution that physician associates are making to the NHS and healthcare in the UK.
The programme has been designed to:
- update and refresh clinical knowledge to prepare for exams and recertification
- provide learning opportunities to enhance communication and interpersonal skills
- gain a wider understanding of issues relating specifically to the physician associate profession and the NHS today
- provide opportunities to network with other physician associates across the UK.
On the second day of the conference, Tuesday 19 September, there will be two breakfast workshops beginning at 8am.
- Breakfast session 1: FAST scanning: Dr Nick Smallwood, Surrey and Sussex Healthcare NHS Trust SOLD OUT
- Breakfast session 2: Experiences of a PA educator: Jade Moore, Anglia Ruskin University, and Karen Roberts, St George's University.
Delegates should only attend one session. You can choose your session when booking your place at the conference.
Who should attend?
- all physician associates looking for a convenient clinical update and an opportunity to network with colleagues and experts from the field
- physician associate students
- physician associate educators.
Call for abstracts
The call for abstracts has now closed.
Thank you to all those who submitted an abstract. We will be in contact shortly with more information.
Faculty of Physician Associates Awards
The mission of these awards is to recognise and promote the impressive work that physician associates, supervisors and those involved in the profession do across the UK to deliver patient-centred care as well as promoting and raising awareness of the physician associate profession.
Applications for the awards have now closed. The winners will be announced at the conference.
There are three categories for the physician associate awards:
- physician associate of the year
- physician associate supervisor of the year
- contribution to the physician associate profession.
What are the prizes?
Winning entrants will each receive:
- prize money
- a Faculty of Physician Associates winner's certificate, presented at the 2017 conference
- the focus of an article about your award and experience on the FPA website
- the opportunity to present your work and experience at the FPA conference 2018.
Sponsorship and exhibition opportunities
We would like to thank PATH – Physician Associates Transforming Healthcare – for being the principal partner of the conference. Please visit them at the exhibition.
We would like to thank Locum PA for being exhibitors at the conference; please visit them at the exhibition.
Please find below slides from the conference. Please note, if there is a presentation missing, RCP does not have permission to distribute the slides.
Monday 18 September
18 September 2017 08:00 to 17:30
Tuesday 19 September
19 September 2017 08:00 to 17:00