Starting life as a newly qualified doctor can be a daunting time, not least because of your initial on-call shifts where you’ll make the first real leap from medical student to doctor. This event provides an overview of the most common calls you may see and aims to build your confidence as you approach your first night shifts.
Due to popular demand this event is now a full day and, with the content in more detail, will help you to get even more from the programme. It will also feature a dedicated Q&A session where you can pose your questions to experienced trainees and consultants.
Aimed at newly qualified doctors about to start their first foundation post, the programme will provide practical tips and advice on:
- handling your first on-call shift – IV fluids, prescribing and handovers
- common on-call encounters
- dealing with cardiology calls
- managing respiratory emergencies
- elderly care – delirium and stroke
- caring for the dying patient
- surviving the night shift
- how to make the most of learning while on call.
I really enjoyed the event as it gave me more insight on medical practice.
Presentations featured at this event can be downloaded below.