This conference will discuss key areas of the updated RCP guidance on management of patients in Prolonged Disorders of consciousness, which are due for publication in early 2020.
What you will learn
- diagnosis and management of VS and MCS
- human and financial cost of VS/MCS
- patient/carer perspectives
- end-of life decisions and palliative care:
- impact of changes in the law regarding CANH withdrawal
- procedures to replace court application
- advance care planning and best interests decision making.
- practical experience of end-of-life care.
A full programme is available below.
Who should attend
- clinicians and allied healthcare professionals of all disciplines who care for patients in prolonged disorders of consciousness (PDOC)
- service providers
- commissioners of services for disability management and long-term care
- legal practitioners and mediators involved in mental capacity and best interests decisions.
If you are in LTFT we offer discounts on a case by case basis. Please contact email@example.com for further information.
Sponsorship and exhibition
For information on sponsorship and exhibition opportunities please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
RCP members benefit from discounted delegate rates at conferences, training and events. Become a member today and join our community of 36,000 physicians around the world.
Please find the presentations from the day below. If you cannot find a presentation, the RCP does not have permission to distribute these materials.