This guideline covers diagnosing and managing myalgic encephalomyelitis (or encephalopathy)/chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS) in children, young people and adults. It aims to improve awareness and understanding about ME/CFS and when to suspect it, so that people are diagnosed earlier. It includes recommendations on diagnosis, assessment and care planning, safeguarding, access to care and managing ME/CFS and its symptoms.
This guideline includes recommendations on:
- suspecting ME/CFS and diagnosis
- information and support, including advice when ME/CFS is suspected
- assessment and care and support planning
- access to care and support
- managing ME/CFS
- symptom management
- flare-ups and relapse
- care for people with severe or very severe ME/CFS
Who is it for?
- Health and social care professionals, including those working or providing input into educational and occupational health services
- People with suspected or diagnosed ME/CFS, their families and carers and the public