The RCP’s COVID-19 expert update on 12 February — which looked at the origin and biology of the virus; recognition, diagnosis and management of cases and UK preparedness and guidance — has been widely appreciated and applauded.
More than 300 delegates attended the event at the RCP’s London headquarters, 3,500 people watched via this website or Facebook and 25 hospitals hosted the live stream.
A video of the event is available here so that as many doctors and other healthcare workers as possible have an opportunity to hear what the speakers had to say. The panel, chaired by RCP president Professor Andrew Goddard, comprised:
- Chris Whitty, Chief Medical Officer for England
- Jimmy Whitworth, Professor of International Public Health at the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine
- Maria Zambon, Head of Respiratory Virology Reference Service at Public Health England
- John Edmunds, Professor of Infectious Disease Modelling at the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine
- Susan Hopkins, Healthcare Epidemiologist Consultant in Infectious Diseases and Microbiology at Public Health England