The RCP hosted a COVID-19 expert update on 12 February, which looked at the origin and biology of the virus; recognition, diagnosis and management of cases and UK preparedness and guidance.
More than 300 delegates attended the event at the RCP’s London headquarters, 3,500 people watched via this website or Facebook and 25 hospitals hosted the live stream.
The panel, chaired by RCP president Professor Andrew Goddard, comprised:
- Chris Whitty, Chief Medical Officer for England
- Jimmy Whitworth, Professor of International Public Health at the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine
- Maria Zambon, Head of Respiratory Virology Reference Service at Public Health England
- John Edmunds, Professor of Infectious Disease Modelling at the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine
- Susan Hopkins, Healthcare Epidemiologist Consultant in Infectious Diseases and Microbiology at Public Health England
With the coronavirus outbreak now designated a pandemic, global health efforts and advice is updating daily and we have archived the video.
For more information on our programme of teach-ins, see here.