NACAP aims to deliver improvements in the care of asthma and COPD patients across their pathway and has therefore embedded quality improvement (QI) into each of its workstreams. This page either holds, or includes links to, all QI resources produced by NACAP, along with links to resources elsewhere.
What we are doing
Quality improvement resources and materials will relate to:
- NACAP: primary care audit
- NACAP: secondary care - COPD
- NACAP: secondary care – adult asthma
- NACAP: secondary care – paediatric asthma
- NACAP: pulmonary rehabilitation.
Regional QI workshops
You are invited to attend one of the National Asthma and COPD Audit Programme (NACAP) regional quality improvement (QI) workshops. These 1-day workshops will involve teams being supported to design QI initiatives and implement QI aims in an evidence-based way, using data from NACAP.
Attendees will join other teams to share good practice, and will receive information on methods of implementing change. There will be resources and expert guidance available for delegates on the day.
When and where?
- 8 March 2019: London (Doubletree by Hilton, Tower of London, 7 Pepys Street, London, EC3N 4AF) FULL
- 30 May 2019: Liverpool (Hilton Liverpool City Centre, 3 Thomas Steers Way, Liverpool, L1 8LW) FULL
- 28 June 2019: London (Royal College of Physicians of London, 11 St Andrews Place, Regent’s Park, London NW1 4LE) FULL
- 5 September 2019: Cardiff (Hilton Hotel Cardiff, Kingsway, Cardiff, CF10 3HH) FULL
- 28 November 2019: Newcastle (Hilton Hotel Newcastle Gateshead, Bottle Bank, Gateshead, NE8 2AR)
All the workshops will take place from 10am to 4.30pm, and will include refreshments and lunch.
Who are these workshops for?
These workshops are designed for teams who are involved in any of the NACAP audit workstreams (primary care, pulmonary rehabilitation and secondary care (adult asthma, children and young people asthma, COPD)) who are interested in improving care for patients. This includes those who attended the last round of QI workshops in 2017 as part of the National COPD Audit Programme.
We invite you to attend in teams of no fewer than two people who are likely to be best placed to effect change (an example may include one clinician and a member of the management/audit team).
Individual registrations will not be accepted.
NACAP has received CPD approval for the upcoming workshops. On attendance each team member will be given a certificate and awarded 6 CPD credits.
What do I need to do?
To register yourself and your team for one of the workshops contact NACAP via email at NACAP@rcplondon.ac.uk. Please provide us with the following information about yourself and the colleague(s) you are booking places for, and you will either be provided with a booking confirmation or placed on our waiting list:
- QI workshop location
- name of sevice/hospital/GP surgery
- delegate details (please provide the following for a minimum of two team members):
- job title
- e-mail address
- telephone number.
All of the above information must be provided in order for your booking to be processed.
Please note that there is limited capacity at these events, but places are free. The audit programme team will contact you with more information, some preparatory work (including comprehensive instructions) and a detailed agenda, well in advance of the day you have booked. CPD points will be applied for.