A 1-day interactive workshop designed to enhance communication skills with colleagues, patients and teams.
Good communication plays an important role in every doctor’s day-to-day work and is a key competency in specialty curricula. With this in mind, the workshop will cover the following areas:
- effective communication skills – what they are and why they are important
- body language and using it to enhance your message
- barriers to effective communication
- active listening and getting the most out of all your interactions
- models for doctor-patient communication
- improving communication in your team(s).
Who should attend?
- all specialties
- all grades
- particularly useful for doctors preparing for their PACES exam
- recommended for any doctor in a supervisory role
- allied healthcare professionals also welcome.
Why attend this course?
As a core competency in the generic curricula and an important part of the appraisal process, it is essential for all doctors to maintain and develop their communication skills. The skills covered in this workshop would also benefit the practice of allied healthcare professionals.
- Full rate: £290
Membership and early-bird discounts are available. To benefit from discounted RCP members delegate rates at conferences, training and events, please click here for more information on becoming a member.