The RCP's Educational supervisor workshop and accreditation has been developed to meet the latest General Medical Council (GMC) standards and give formal recognition to those with an explicit supervision role.
Updated in line with the 2016 Gold Guide, this course addresses the seven areas of the Academy of Medical Educators’ Framework for the Professional Development of Postgraduate Medical Supervisors and the General Medical Council (GMC) standards for the recognition and approval of trainers.
What will you learn?
The 2-day workshop includes:
- essential knowledge and skills for educational supervisors
- how to make best use of the curriculum and eportfolio to support your trainees
- objective setting: helping your trainees to set clear goals
- the effective appraisal process
- giving effective feedback to trainees
- supporting underperforming trainees
- the role of ARCP and supervisor’s report.
Who should attend?
- all specialties
- consultants and final-year trainees.
This course is suitable for doctors who are supervising trainees of any grade and specialty, or for those who are soon to become educational supervisors.
RCP Educational supervisor accreditation
In order to be accredited as an educational supervisor by the RCP, you must attend the 2-day workshop before completing a short assignment. The assignment will be based on an appraisal conducted with your trainee, and must be submitted within one year of attending the workshop. Full details of the assignment will be provided in the workshop.
Full rate: £555 (this rate includes the 2-day workshop and the opportunity to submit an assignment for RCP accreditation).
Membership and early-bird discounts are available. Join the RCP to benefit from discounted member rates.