The 'Navigating the CESR route' workshop offers practical advice and guidance for doctors of all specialties who are considering applying for the Certificate of Eligibility for Specialist Registration (CESR).
It focuses on the types of supporting evidence required, who to approach for a reference, as well as providing practical tips for completing the application process.
Upcoming workshop dates
Early bird and membership discounts are available for this workshop.
If you would like to be notified of future dates for this course as soon as they are released, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Brilliant summary of what’s needed to get through the CESR route. Can’t recommend enough.
The CESR is a route to entry on to the specialist register for those doctors who have not followed an approved training programme. It was previously known as Article 14.
The 'Navigating the CESR route' workshop includes:
- Presentation and Q&A session on the application process from the GMC's specialist applications team.
- RCP clinical teaching faculty experienced in assessing CESR applications.
- Up-to-date facts and statistics on application success rates.
- Guidance on supporting evidence and references.
The workshop also provides useful and practical strategies for maintaining and developing your portfolio, with focus on the value of using portfolios for professional development, using reflection, personal development plans and action plans.
What you will learn
By the end of this workshop doctors will be able to:
- Appreciate the importance of your personal development and how to plan it.
- Identify and gather evidence required for completing a CESR application.
- Identify appropriate referees to support a CESR application.
- Gain practical tips on completing a CESR application.
- Develop and manage an individual portfolio.
Very good – gave me a clear idea how much evidence I have now and how to start collecting other requirements.
Who should apply?
- all specialties
- SAS doctors.
- Full rate: £290
Membership and early-bird discounts are available. Join the RCP to benefit from discounted member rates.