As a national nominating body the Royal College of Physicians (RCP) will continue to make recommendations for clinical excellence awards (previously known as distinction awards).
For the 2019 round the RCP has released guidance notes, tips and background information to help inform applicants and interested parties about the arrangements for this year's process.
This process covers awards at bronze, silver, gold and platinum levels in England and Wales only, and does not apply to Northern Ireland, Scotland and the Defence Medical Services.
Please email MedicalWorkforce.Unit@rcplondon.ac.uk if you have any queries.
How to apply
- Apply for RCP support for a platinum award
- Apply for RCP support for higher ACCEA award
- Apply for RCP support for renewal of existing ACCEA award
The RCP support scheme opens on Wednesday 23 January 2019.
You must apply by:
- platinum applications: 5pm on Wednesday 20 February
- gold, silver and bronze applications: 11.59pm on Sunday 24 February.
- renewals for ALL award levels : 11.59 on Sunday 3 March.
More information on the national clinical awards scheme is available from the UK government's Advisory Committee on Clinical Excellence Awards (ACCEA).