As a national nominating body the Royal College of Physicians (RCP) will continue to make recommendations for clinical excellence awards (previously known as distinction awards).
For the 2020 round the RCP has released guidance notes, tips and background information to help inform applicants and interested parties about the arrangements for this year's process.
This process covers awards at bronze, silver, gold and platinum levels in England and Wales only, and does not apply to Northern Ireland, Scotland and the Defence Medical Services.
Please email MedicalWorkforce.Unit@rcplondon.ac.uk if you have any queries.
How to apply
- Apply for RCP support for a platinum award
- Apply for RCP support for higher gold, silver or bronze ACCEA award
- Apply for RCP support for renewal of existing ACCEA award
The RCP support scheme opens on Thursday 23 January 2020.
The RCP support schemes closes:
- 11.59pm Sunday 22 March for platinum applicants
- 11.59pm on Sunday 29 March for gold, silver and bronze applicants
- 11.59pm on Sunday 5 April for all renewals.
ACCEA will close the 2020 round on Thursday 7 May at 5pm.
More information on the national clinical awards scheme is available from the UK government's Advisory Committee on Clinical Excellence Awards (ACCEA).