In the latest issue
- Celebrating 500 years of the RCP - as the RCP celebrates its 500th birthday, discover how the college has been celebrating, and what's still to come for the rest of 2018.
- An in-depth interview with Professor Andrew Goddard - the new RCP president has now taken office, and Professor Goddard discusses his plans for his 4-year term.
- Taking time out after CMT - after completing CMT, many doctors choose not to continue directly to specialty training. Commentary offers tips and practical advice about making this decision.
- This vexed question - curators of the new RCP exhibition discuss some of its highlights, reflecting the history of women in medicine.
- Artificial intelligence in healthcare - the principles of AI, how they apply to modern healthcare, and details of the latest RCP recommendations
- Who was Thomas Linacre? - the foundation of the RCP is largely attributed to Thomas Linacre, but how important was he, and which other figures played a part in the college's formation?
- Patient Carer Network - This network of volunteers, who support and shape the work of the RCP, welcomes a new president.
October's magazine also includes details of a new report on outpatient treatment, a consideration of how to improve the medical ward round, and other news and updates from the RCP.