This guideline covers diagnosing and managing chronic heart failure in people aged 18 and over. It aims to improve diagnosis and treatment to increase the length and quality of life for people with heart failure.
This guideline includes new and updated recommendations on:
- role of the specialist heart failure multidisciplinary team
- diagnosing heart failure and giving information to people with heart failure
- managing all types of heart failure
- treating heart failure with reduced ejection fraction, including people who also have chronic kidney disease
- monitoring treatment for all types of heart failure
- interventional procedures
- cardiac rehabilitation and palliative care
Who is it for?
- Healthcare professionals
- People with heart failure and their families and carers